1. In a large sauté pan, heat the butter over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onions and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and caramelized.
3. Add the shallots and sauté for 8 to 10 more minutes, until the onions and shallots are dark brown. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. In a bowl, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, celery salt, Worcestershire sauce and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
5. Fold in the onion mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight. Garnish with chives and serve with potato chips.
tomahawk steak into the skillet and sear 1 minute. (Step back a bit since it will smoke and spatter.)
Credit : https://www.foodnetwork.com