Fully cooked turkeys are an easy way to get a great tasting turkey on the table in less time. Follow these special directions for a delicious meal:
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Remove wrapper. Do not stuff.
- Place thawed turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in shallow roasting pan 2 to 2½ inches deep.
- Brush or spray skin lightly with vegetable or cooking oil for best appearance.
- Insert oven-safe meat thermometer deep into the thigh without touching the bone.
- Place turkey in pre-heated oven and heat until hot (140° F).
For Smoked Turkey
- Cover pan completely with foil for the entire cooking time.
For Baked Turkey
- Cover breast loosely with foil after 1 to 1¼ hours to prevent over-browning and drying.
- Begin checking the turkey for doneness about 30 minutes before the recommended cook time.
- Your turkey is done when the meat thermometer reaches 140° F in thigh.
- Carve and serve immediately.